All repairs or replacement of porcelain veneers, crowns, onlays, and bridges are warranted against breakage for ten years, with the following conditions:
- The patient has adhered to the treatment and hygiene recommendations of Dr. Watts, including the use of an acrylic bite appliance.
- Yearly examinations by Dr. Watts are needed, so she can monitor the condition of your restorations.
- The restorations must not have been damaged or lost due to additional dental treatment, trauma, bone disease or gum disease.
- There can be no outstanding balance on the account.
- Dr. Watts reserves the right to replace the failed restoration with a different material or procedure, as she deems necessary.
- The replacement will be prorated for up to ten years.
- There are circumstances where this warranty will not apply, usually related to severe bruxism (teeth grinding). This is a condition that is not usually conscious and causes extensive damage to teeth and porcelain alike. There is sometimes nothing we can do to prevent breakage from this aside from our best efforts to create a proper bite and use the strongest materials possible.
Composite or plastic bonded materials are warranted for a period of one year. After that, there will be a maintenance fee according to the time it takes to repair or replace it.